วันอาทิตย์ที่ 24 มกราคม พ.ศ. 2553

Sacred & Profane


I think this week lecture makes me confuse, I don't know what I understand is what Aj. want us to understand or not because what I hear is not equal what Aj. say. Nonetheless I have to write something that would make me or even you confuse. I just want to write what's pop up in my head along this lecture.
Sacred and profane , can it be the same thing if god = human ? , so it doesn't matter what is for god and what is for human. I thought about the classical period that they built the temple as the bigger and better house for god , they believe that god is the perfect human. Then this idea is developed through time , until it's hard to find the connection between human and god. As this point ,if the original idea is the same (human) , would it still separate between sacred and profane?


Another idea that get into my mind is that all of what we do for god is called sacred but all what we take from god is called profane , isn't it the same? May be we took what we have given to god and call it different word. I think the idea of god is from human belief , so it's from human (or not??). For example , Buddha image is what human make for sacred Buddha , but when we use it with different purpose , it become profane , even it is taken from what human do.


I have think about what other things that have the idea of profane , but still haven't found one. May be it's all around me , but I never know because I never aware of what is profane.
From the lecture , profaning is not only in the negative way , this idea can be used for creating new things by questioning. Question sometimes leads us to the solution , I used the word "sometimes" because there are lots of questions that have never been answered. Everything has two side , like some word that has two different meaning ,it's up to you which side you set your point of view at.


ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น