วันอาทิตย์ที่ 31 มกราคม พ.ศ. 2553

my psychogeographical map

About this mapping :
Firstly I want to tell that my home is not in Bangkok , the city. I lives in outskirt of it , so I don't know well about the direction or street in bangkok. The way to approach the city , for me , is by BTS. This map show the way I travel from On nut BTS station to TCDC at The Emporium (Phrom Phong station). The Perception of the city is like the island , What is in between the station is less perceived for me although I look at it , but it seems like most of my attention is inside the box , train bogey. My personal space in the bogey has changes along the way. The way I perceived the surrounding architecture is like the meaningless view , except the big destination island. I use the vivid colour for representing the complexity that happened on each island , in the opposite I use B&W colour for scoped city along the BTS way. The opacity of this context is changed due to the speed of train , I can perceive more in slow speed near the station. Only one moment that I really pay attention to outside is at the station.



1 ความคิดเห็น:

  1. This is one of the stronger psychogeographical maps of the class. Again, as I mentioned, I think you could even do more with less; I hate to say it, but in your case, less is more. Get rid of the location names, forget about the separate density map on the bottom, add some blurring to the exterior contours of your crenelated Bangkok map, and try layering your beginning, destination and density information on top of your journey-line. Your experience was layered, so allow your map to map that quality. Good work!

    ตอบลบ